Happy Mother's Day 2013
Can I get a 'what what' from all the Momma's out there?! Seriously ladies are we the luckiest gals around or what!? OK, yeah, me too, I'm not so sure 'luck' has anything to do with what I've got going on. So since you are NOT married to MY hubs or the mother of MY children I assume that you were showered with thoughtful & homemade gifts, or indulgent over the top spa packages and chocolates or even (dare I say the "J" word) jewelry. YOU GO GIRL!!! That Rocks!
Mother's Day Kirk Style
Me, well as you can guess, my Mother's Day gift was a little different - mine was more, ummm, how do you say..... not so much a gift in the 'wrap it up and put it in a box' form but more of the 'gesture' kind. This year Dave gave me 'time' which I realize sounds like a little bit of a cop out, but really it was genuinely appreciated. IF you have a kid or three you know that the "To-Do" list is more like a gerbil wheel with no beginning and worse no end in sight, then a list with a defined start and stop, so the litany of chores is constant and daunting - I do NOT LOVE the relentless & mindless repetitiveness that comes with 'Stay at home Mommyhood': pick up the clothes, wash the clothes, dry the clothes, fold the clothes, put away the clothes only to start over again but before you've even really finished the previous game of clothes - then there's the food, buy the food, fix the food, sweep up the left overs off the floor, refrigerate any of the leftovers that didn't hit the floor only to throw them out next month which brings me to the cleaning, pick up crap, wipe off crap, sweep up crap, vacuum crap all while the little monsters, er I mean boys are acting like little Godzillas in the next room. UGH OK, I think you get my general attitude towards that so back to my Mother's Day Gesture, Dave helped me do my chores. Yup I am proud to say I am a simple girl and having him help to sweep and mop the floor while I got to sit and eat my omelet while it was hot, was a big deal. But it didn't stop there, he also helped me fold the 10 loads of laundry I had completed but not gotten around to folding yet, which if you are like me laundry is a necessary evil so ANY assistance in that department is greatly appreciated.
Then once my gesture was complete we set out to find a playground and also swing by a few houses since our weekends mostly consist of looking at/for our new home and tiring out the boys. I don't have any cute pictures (or ANY at all for that matter) of us from Mother's Day because as we were at a playground and I was attempting to get the boys to sit on a classic silver slide in birth order it resulted in a knock down drag out MMA to the death fight with all 3 registering somewhere on the whimper to scream scale - which sorta goes along perfectly with the whole 'Mothering 3 Boys" theme. Once the dust settled on the fight we buckled the boys back in picked up delicious chicken fajita salads and called it a day. Again, anytime I don't have to prepare a meal & the clean up consists of just throwing away containers makes me Happy, Happy, HAPPY!
Really I guess in the real world - as opposed to the FaceBook, Instagram & Pintrest world - that is just about a perfect Mother's Day. Unless of course I got to go do a fancy brunch with all my best girlfriends and my own mom sans any kiddos and enjoy mimosas, yummy fancy adult food and best of all NOT ONE KID saying Mommy. That may actually be the BEST Mother's Day, but since it has yet to happen I'll get what I get and not pitch a fit. Hope you enjoyed your Mother's Day and if not keep in mind Father's Day is just around the corner and paybacks are hell - or plan your own day next year and tell the family that their gift to you is going along with the Mother's Day plans you've created. BOOM - Peace out Mother Lovers!
No comments:
Post a Comment