Happy Birthday Sweet Baby Jayden
Our good friends welcomed their first child last year, Jayden Davis Langley, this sweet baby girl touched more people's hearts in her year here on earth than most of us could ever dream to in a lifetime. She was blessed with an exceptionally loving and strong set of parents in our friends Josh & Layna, and had more adoring family and friends who surrounded her with their prayers and love from birth. I could go on and on about how my heart breaks for their loss, how they were the absolute image of strength, faith and perseverance during this year, how they inspired hundreds of us to live in and appreciate each day and how amazing it is that an infant can teach us all about strength. Unfortunately, after a year of hard fought struggles with seizures, infections, with medication balance, tests, special diets and attempting to let her live like a normal child, Jayden was welcomed Home to Heaven just a few weeks before her birthday. Layna's Mom, Grandma Jan, posted on the caring bridge site that we could all release a balloon for Jayden on her brithday, so that's just what we did.
Butterfly Birthday Balloons
There was quite a selection of absolutely adorable birthday balloons at dollar tree (have I mentioned how much I LOVE that place!?) They have the whole list from princess crowns, to cupcakes, Disney princess, Elmo, Mickey - you name it, and pretty much there is an option for it there. But I felt like the butterfly balloon was such a fitting symbol for sweet Jayden's life on Earth and her Homecoming to Heaven. Having just recently raised our first crop of caterpillars into butterflies, I can say they lead a very hectic life of eating & laying silk threads and a frenzied rush to find their spot so they can attach their chrysalis. Then after a few days of peaceful rest they emerge as these beautiful, graceful butterflies eager to take to the skies. I just think this is so like Jayden, a rough struggle here on Earth, being laid to rest and I can only imagine how beautiful, happy & healthy she is up in Heaven now, just like a beautiful butterfly.
So I chose two different Butterfly birthday balloons, one for each boy, and then when we got home from school, we had a talk about how Baby Jayden was up in Heaven with Jesus, and how today was her birthday and since we want her to be able to have her birthday balloons we were going to let them go so they could fly up to Heaven. This all made perfect sense to Kaiden, who even sang Happy Birthday as we released the balloons, and although I don't know how much Pierce understood, he did enjoy watching the balloon float up- which normally he freaks out if he looses a balloon outside, so maybe he got it just a little bit too.
| They each had one balloon for Jayden and one for themselves. |
And they're off - on their mission!
No comments:
Post a Comment