Belated Birthday Fun!

Our Back Home Birthday Celebration For Pierce!

Happy 2nd Birthday Baby Boy!


So while we were in Texas we celebrated Pierce's actual birthday with a delicious Low Country Boil, the whole family, and friends and a few mini-cupcakes and several versus of the Birthday Song.  But once we got back home I honestly kind of forgot that we hadn't celebrated with friends, family & Godparents back here in GA, that is until one morning when Kaiden innocently asked Mom why didn't you make a special cake for Pierce's Birthday?  Oh GREAT, just what I need a guilt trip from a 3 year old!!  SO that got the wheels in motion, I rounded up the crew & we decided on a Mickey Mouse cake since he is one of Pierce's favorites - and because I just knew that I had coordinating Mickey Mouse cups, plates & napkins left over from a previous party....

Since we were keeping it kinda low key we did a Sunday dinner party & we tried to get a bounce house, cause seriously who doesn't love bounce houses? but they didn't deliver on Sundays.  We kept the food simple & the kids all got along great!!

Getting The Party Started!!

So Vickie who was both Kaiden's & Pierce's preschool teacher came with her two children & Pierce & Vickie have a special bond - in fact she refers to him as "boyfriend" and EVERYONE at preschool then came to know Pierce as Boyfriend or Vickie's Boyfriend!  So of course, when you share a bond like that, you know exactly what present will make his day. . . . and thus was the case with Vickie's present the bubble blower!!  Oh goodness - this is STILL his favorite toy I actually have to kind of hide it when I put it up because if Pierce sees even a corner of that thing he loses it until you start the bubble madness!!

What's A Party Without Cake?
So as I mentioned I picked up a new cake pan - ignoring that I have several new cake pans I picked up at a former party store going out of business sale that nicely coordinate with plates, napkins & cups - because well Pierce will only turn 2 once & he LOVES Mickey Mouse & like I said I just knew I had the rest of the party gear to go with the cake somewhere at the house!

Without further adieu here's the masterpiece:


And of course it wouldn't be one of my birthday recap posts without all the steps of the cake coming together - and I have to say I was a running a little behind with getting this cake done - I baked it on Saturday morning so that it would be completely cool come Saturday night to frost it - but when Sat. night came rolling along I was exhausted from making all the other food & cleaning the house for the party so. . . . I procrastinated!  It immediately makes me feel better EVERY time!  Then come Sunday morning I got busy making & mixing the colors for the icing and finishing other things in the kitchen and around the house - keeping in mind of course that I had a tennis match at 1:00 and then the guest coming around 6:30 - so I had the icing mixed, got the white put on, the black outlines, and one ear and half the head done then I had to bolt to the courts - luckily it was a home match & we won pretty quickly which meant I got to hurry home and finish up the cake & still had time to go back up and watch the last line finish out their third set tie break!  And sure I would of had more of a relaxing time had I just pushed through and iced the cake Saturday night like originally planned, but I believe there ain't a better motivator than a rapidly approaching deadline!!  Plus Dave helped me do  part of the face - only after I convinced him that YES people would realize if I left Mickey's face undecorated!  Ha - men!!

Only 4 colors this time - BONUS!

You gotta start somewhere

So funny how a little color really starts to bring the cake to life!

As good a stopping point as any - to be completed later. . .

Mickey peach is VERY different color from exposed baked cake!!

Here He is again!!  M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E!!!


Post Script

Yeah remember the coordinating napkins, plates & cups that I just knew I had somewhere around the house - yup it wasn't until I was pulling out the Easter Egg dying kits that I found those stupid coordinating party supplies - so guess someone will be having another Mickey Mouse birthday WITH all the gear next year!!  Ha ha ha - classic Mom Moment!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...