My Little Loves

Everyday Little Things That Warm My Heart

Without crossing the overly sappy line, I'd like to write about some of the everyday things, that unfortunately if not documented tend to be forgotten soon after occurring, my 'little loves'.  I'm not going to lie, being a Mom is WAY harder than I ever imagined it would be!  I'm not sure WHAT I thought it would be like, but for some reason my vision of how it was going to be included a lot more quiet time & a lot less deep sighs, eye rolls & temper tantrums.  Regardless of that fact, it is a sincerely rewarding adventure, albeit it trying at times, but the other morning I was going about my usual breakfast duties, and I caught a whiff of the morning coffee brewing, overheard Dave and Kaiden whispering about the days activities and in the distance could hear Pierce chatting up his friends in his crib while he awaited his morning pick up, and I thought 'how lucky am I?'.

The Sight Of Little Loves
OH BOY, here is a starting place, cause Lord knows once you become a Mom you see WAY MORE ickiness then you ever even knew existed before, but I think this inherent grossness helps us to really cherish when you come across a heart warming moment.

When you are the Mom of two very strong willed little boys the days are typically filled with quite a few arguments, fights, WWF style take downs, temper tantrums and ultimately time outs - it's exhausting!!  And this particular morning we were heading out to drop Kaiden at school and Pierce and I had errands to run, I had to run upstairs to get my shoes and I was hollering at the boys to hurry up so we could put their shoes on and get out the door!  Once downstairs I grabbed my camera off the computer table and was going to put it back in the cubby so no little hands helped me with it and as I come around the corner this is what I found - it actually stopped me right in my tracks!  They were giggling and talking in hushed tones, one of their new favorite things to do, and they both looked up at the exact second - I LOVE this picture - cause this makes you (if even temporarily) forget the chaos and frustration that can come with raising kids and just remind me how incredibly blessed we are and just how amazing these two guys are!
They Did This All By Themselves - Never-mind We Were 15 Minutes Late For School!
 The Sounds Of Little Loves
Who doesn't love the sound of a little one laughing?!  I mean remember that homevideo turned TV commercial where the little boy laughed uncontrolably at the dad ripping pages out of a magazine?  So I certainly LOVE getting to hear my boys be silly together, and in this case in particular the term 'my boys' also includes Dave!  This is a quick video clip from a Saturday morning a few weekends past, they were being goofs and luckily my video camera was ready for the moment!

This could also go under 'sights' if of course I took a picture or more like a video of this, but since it usually happens late at night, I am NOT in the 'documentation' frame of mind.  Each night the boys go to bed and then Dave and I either finish dinner, attempt to get the house back in some semblence of order or catch up on our DVR shows - I know, who knew the lafe of a parent could BE so GLAMOROUS - and then once we decided we are done for the night, usually after falling asleep watching a show but we have to wake up to turn the lights off, we go down and check on the boys.  I'm not sure if other parents still do this or not, but this is one of my FAVORITE nightly routines!  First because sleeping babies, no matter how old, are ALL ANGELS!!!  And second because IF I were to miss this I would miss hearing Kaiden do his SO sweet lip smack/chew sounds as he repositions himself once we tuck him in.  You have to imagine the same thing newborns sometimes do when there is no paci in their mouth, it's kind of like that.  He has done this same mouth thing since he was a baby and now occasionally after his lip smack he says a word or two about whatever he is dreaming about, it is just precious!

And as mentioned earlier at times two boys, eighteen months apart, can be shockingly rough toward one another, but no matter what each day and night before both nap and bedtime the boys say "Good night" to one another and Kaiden will say "I love you Pierce" and Pierce from inside his crib yells "Bye Bye Brutha, luuuub ewww".  I mean really - it evokes memories of the scene of the last night before the wedding from one of my all time favorite movies, Father Of The Bride.

The Smells Of Little Loves
Eww, I know sometimes just the thought of some of the smells associated with little kids grosses me out too!  But I'm NOT talking about the icky kind, remember this is my 'Little Loves' post, so I'm talking about the way the boys smell after they have taken a bubble bath with that blue bottle of Johnson & Johnsons Bubble Bath - it is WONDERFUL!!

Or how if you bury your nose in their hair when they are sitting on your lap you can tell if they picked the Coconut Monkey Or Citrus Shark Shampoo when they got to shower with Daddy.

Now I'm sure anyone who has ever used it also feels the same way, but the smell of the night time purple bottle of lotion, as you're tucking the boys in you catch a waft of it in the air.  Oh, that is just great!

Anyone who knows us knows that Kaiden is a Daddy's boy, and so some mornings Kaiden will 'get ready for work' with Dave, and on those days, daddy will share a little of his cologne with Kaiden and it's always fun to get a hug from my little man and he smells like Dave.  It's like the best of both worlds wrapped up in one yummy smelling hug!

OK I'm sure I have more, but for now those are my 'Little Loves', hope you like them and maybe it will inspire you to find your 'Little Loves' around your house too!

1 comment:

  1. I really love this post, it is a great idea. You are right, one of my FAVORITE things is to bury my nose in Charlotte's hair and soak her up!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...