Poop-ageddon 2010
Ah Shhhh. . .
. . . . . . . . . . . IT Happens!!
I am not saying it's his fault, but just this morning while Skyp'ing with Dad he asked how Kaiden was doing with his potty training, he asked if he had any accidents, and I said (all to cheery & over confident) "NOPE, he's doing Great!" - open mouth insert foot! Or more like, see poop on naked toddler's hiney, leg & foot, open door to bathroom and see 'IT' everywhere!
WARNING: Picture Of Human Feces To Follow - OH YEAH I WENT THERE!
Oh The HORROR!!
I know, I know - this stuff happens, and I know it could be worse ~ I shudder to think how but I've heard the stories about kids smearing it on the walls ~ and admitedly I have been a wee bit spoiled by the fact that my Kaiden is a Virgo thru and thru - the kid HATES being dirty, or sticky or icky in any way ~ although today it would seem those qualities backfired just a tad.
So we finish our wonderful afternoon outside (see previous Photo Friday Post) and we took it inside to do diaper changes and get ready for nap. Since Kaiden had chosen this morning at breakfast to have a 'naked potty train day' once inside he asked if he could go to the potty while I changed Pierce's diaper ~ all too eager for them to take naps I agreed he could go by himself ~ LESSON LEARNED ~ yet another Rookie Mistake.
I was chatting on the phone with Mom while I finished up Pierce's diaper change when I caught a pretty strong whiff of poop, then Kaiden comes into view & he turns his naked butt to me ~ those of you not potty training might get offended or grossed out but this is how I wipe him after he goes I don't know what else to do, Lord knows a 2.5 y.o. isn't going to wipe himself! So not surprisingly there was evidence that he had gone in the potty - I cleaned him up and as he turned to walk away I saw more on his heel. I said "Kaiden wait there's more on your foot" ~ I didn't freak out yet because on a previous attempt to use the 'Drive Queen' toilet seat, seat cover, he had not centered himself all the way over the middle and while getting off the big toilet he had gotten a little of it on him. But after I saw more on the side of his foot and his leg I said "DON'T MOVE!"
About this time I said, "Mom I am going to have to call you back" and hung up not waiting to hear her goodbyes. As we are walking towards the bathroom, mind you I was not more than 10 feet away and he wasn't in there more than 5 minutes, I said "Kaiden did you go poop in the potty?" He responds a little questioningly "uh - huh and then I squished it" Oh God ~ Those are words a Mother NEVER wants to hear, especially when combined with the thought of fecal matter. My mind was racing - then we opened the door "WHAT HAPPENED?!" At this time Kaiden has gotten wipes & is trying to help and Pierce loves to be with us so he is 'full steam ahead'ing' it down the hall towards the poop party!
I scoop both kids up, I am not mad, honestly I'm not! He had actually gone in the toilet, I think he may have either not made it there in time or after going while walking away he took a gamble on a fart and just lost. We have been eating a lot of fresh fruit, it's possible ~ gotta love explanatory poop talk! I told him he wasn't in trouble but that I didn't want him or Pierce to get it on them so I would just take them up to nap and then clean up the mess.
CLEAN IN DEED
So now with the kids out of the picture and with soap, paper towels, Clorox & trash bag in hand I called my Mom back to fill her in on what she had missed. . . . To warn you it's going to get worse before it gets better ~ there is further grossing out to go! Needless to say, it was awful! The clean up took a good 30 minutes and again I had to get off the phone because I couldn't seem to stop the reflexive gagging. It was a bad comedy scene except no one was laughing and it smelled horrible. As you can see from the picture the pot potty was tipped over, but what you can't see is that there was urine in there before being tipped, so that was everywhere inside the potty, on the floor, everywhere. Then the bottom was what did the squishing and you can't see but it is a textured bottom so it was in there, not to mention the green stepper stool which also has textured feet had been put in it as well. I didn't know where to start! I wiped the crap up in the hall first, then disinfected with Clorox, then moved to do the same in the bathroom. Then as I turned the potty over I saw that there was poop on the top, the front, the sides, the bottom ~ everywhere~ so I attempted to dismantle it to wash it piece by piece but as luck would have it part of the potty fell off splashing down into what was left of the poop and pee mix on the floor and it splashed on my feet and ankles! UGH!!! Find The Silver Lining
OK ~ 1. My downstairs bathroom and the pot potty is now spotlessly clean & thoroughly disinfected.
2. My feet, ankles and flip flops are also impecably clean and disinfected!
3. I more than EARNED my Margarita Happy Hour Today!!!!
This never happened with my daughter, but you now have me thoroughly petrified to start potty training with my little guy. Ugh!
ReplyDelete