My Poor Pierce!

A New Month A New Issue

I Know "This Too Shall Pass" - but I wish it would HURRY & GO!
You know how they say no two pregnancies/children are the same and you shouldn't compare them - well it is SO true with my Pierce & Kaiden! Nothing about these two little boys is the same - well except that they are both adorable and hilarious - but you can tell just from looking at them that they are as different as night and day.

It's Official - He's Teething!
So how did Pierce welcome November - with his first tooth! We knew it was coming, the drool had started, the gnawing endlessly on everything, the fussiness - all things we were expecting. But what we weren't prepared for was the spiting up and/or vomiting - apparently in some children the extra drool along with the pain and stress can lead to frequent spitting up as opposed to what we were accustomed to which was the 'teething poops'. Oh well live and learn. Unfortunately poor Pierce has just cut his second tooth so that is two teeth popping through in less than 10 days, hopefully now it will be a little while before number 3 shows up. And I also hope that doing this pedialyte & isomil diet for the next two days will get everything back on track for his belly so that he doesn't have to deal with an upset stomach & spitting up on top of teething!If you look close on the bottom you can see his two new teeth poking up.

How Is It Possible?On another note - I CANNOT believe that my baby is old enough to be teething already! Yikes how the time flies! The funny thing is as I type this I secretly wish that he would skip crawling and go straight to walking in the next few weeks! I know, I know - that would open a whole new can of worms - but that little dude is getting HEAVY! Seriously - 17.5lbs is a lot to be carrying around all the time. And as I started this post with the stark differences between my boys add to that how Kaiden was way too independent from birth - I mean he was standing up by 8 or 9 weeks, sitting at 6 months & walking by 11 months; Pierce can do those things but doesn't want to - it's so crazy! Where as Kaiden wanted to be held in a sitting position looking out so as to not miss anything, Pierce would prefer to be cradled and snuggled. Of course if you were to ask Dave I'm sure it would be a little bit my fault since you know Pierce had a few issues at birth and he seems to thinks I treated him a little more delicately than Kaiden. But that is neither here nor there - I just know that he is getting so big so fast and in a couple months I'll be wishing I could snuggle him again and I just need to suck it up, pop an advil and love on that little guy while he'll still let me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...