Our Baby: Pierce Colton Kirk
The Name
So here we are, just a few short weeks away from Christmas and I already feel like I am running out of time! At least we decided on the name - which is the name we originally were going to go with until Dave had some brilliant suggestions such as "Dash" "Sterling" and "Champ" - SUCH A MAN! Anyway he came back to his senses and our son's name is Pierce Colton - and just an FYI - Pierce is a name meaning "like a rock" NOT a verb!
How's Mommy
As for me I again have no complaints! I am feeling really good, I do get out of breath easier and putting my shoes on is starting to become more and more troublesome, but it comes with the territory! I have definitely 'popped' my once slightly noticeable baby bump is getting more and more like I am smuggling basketballs home from our store! All my fellow Mommy's know what I mean, but especially those of us who were blessed with short torsos - there is no where for the belly to go but out!
Which brings me to my next thought - WHY on earth would my body want to stretch more good, healthy, previously untouched skin when waiting so patiently down by my previous C-section scar is a nice plot of skin just waiting to relive their glory days! Ugh I will never understand how some of these women walk away from pregnancy with NO stretch marks, and NO extra pounds! God Bless Em - but I was certainly NOT on that side of the blessing line! When all is said and done of course I would rather have this body full of battle scars then not have my babies but
I am allowed to have moments of jealousy every now and then. Plus we have a lot of pictures from when we were younger where I still looked GOOD - I'll just make sure to NEVER misplace those photos - so when my boys are older and say "mom you're such a dork" I can say yup but once upon a time I was a hottie - then being pregnant with your little hinies did this to me - you OWE ME!
I think someone needs a nap - and Kaiden is already down for his!
KK
You are such a nut! Battle scars and all, your belly looks beautiful!
ReplyDelete